Monday, August 11-- 6:30 - 9 P.M.
SPEAKER: Dion McInnis-- Photographer, Poet and Author will be presenting “The Seeing, Not the Taking” Having works published and cited in nationally known magazines, newspapers, and television his presentation will be a great opportunity to enjoy an established artist.
MINI CONTEST: STAIRS, please bring one or two STAIRS images
SHOW: Please, email 5-8 of your favorite recent images that you would like to share at the meeting to Jim Kelly . Let's see all those wonderful fireworks from July.
BE PREPARED WORKING ON YOUR PORTFOLIO FOR OUR FALL PORTFOLIO COMPETITION. Check RULES (note: dates will be confirmed)
Tuesday, August 12, from 2:30 - 4 PM -- The Club at Carlton Woods - Fazio Clubhouse. JUST FOR WPC MEMBERS. Opportunity to shoot indside and outside architecture and parts of course while clubhouse is closed to members. Space limited. Please be willing to share photos with the Club after the shoot. More info & sign in
Visit WPC resources to ask our Consulting Photographers
Basic Photography · Digital Photography · Matting & Framing · Nikon
Capture · PC Questions · Photoshop · Underwater
Photography · Website
LOCAL EXHIBITS: Seeing the work of other
artists and photographers can give new insights and ideas for our
own work. Check out the following local exhibits:
Through July 13 -- HCP Forced Fields by Mary Magsamen and Stephan Hillerbrand, and John Clearly's Kids Collection www.hcponline.org
Through July 19 -- Houston Architectural Trilogy: Photography of Valentin Gertsman. Museum of Printing History, 1324 W Clay St.
Through July 26 -- De Santos Gallery presents "Proverbs"
Photography by Gregori Maiofis
Through August -- THE DEAD SEA- By photographer Duby Tal Houston Consulate of Israel. For more information please contact Heidi Mandl, Cultural affair officer: 713-627-3780 (ext. 515) or [email protected]
Through August 17 -- Holocaust Museum of Houston presents eight photographers who have witnessed the atrocities firsthand as a backdrop of a new world premiere exhibit "Darfur: Photojournalists Respond" at 5401 Caroline St., 713 942 8000
CLASSES, CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS:
HCP and LLU are offering photo classes on regular basis, take a look at our calendar
Joe Cusack, a member of The Woodlands Photography Club, teaches middle school students about photography and is requesting the donation of non-functioning cameras and camera lens. He would like to use these broken cameras to show the students different parts of a camera during his lecture. Email Joe Cusack if you can help.
1) Unused, new work book for $10.00:The Artist's Marketing and Action Plan Workbook (Paperback) by Jonathan Talbot, Geoffrey Howard (
$16.95 on Amazon.com)
If you are interested please email Barbara at [email protected]
1) Leica M7 Rangefinder with Leica lenses: 24 mm lens 2.8, 35 mm lens 2.0, 50 mm lens 2.0, 75 mm lens 1.4, Leica motordrive. All equipment is approximately 2 years old and in mint condition. All for $8,499.95 Contact Don Griffin 281 221 2688
2) Nikonous V underwater camera with: 35 mm Nikon lens, 15 mm Nikon lens and 15 mm viewfinder (Magnificent lens for underwater), Nikon close up macro outfit for reefs and smaller tropical fish, SB 103 Nikon flash, Pelikan hard carrying case. All gear was used about 5 times, all for $2,499.95. Contact Don Griffin 281 221 2688
3) Leica V-Lux 1 digital camera w/ Leica all-weather case, 35-420 mm zoom lens, Built in flash, Auto focus with manual override + anti-shake, Large fold-down display + viewfinder display, Record sound, sunshade, battery charger, software, etc. I am the only owner, camera is about one year old. Will sell for $649.95. Contact Don Griffin 281 221 2688
4) For Sale Arax 60 MLU kit including sport viewfinder; metered prism viewfinder; 80mm 2.8 Arax lens, 120mm MC Vega lens; 65mm 3.5 MC Mir lens; various Bronica, Hoya, Tiffen filters; Underwater Kinetics hard case. Camera and lenses were brought back from Ukraine. All equipment (except filters) has never been used. Incredible inexpensive way to get into 120 6x6 photography. Arax is a small Ukrainian company that buys hand-picked parts from Arsenal (the manufacturers of the infamous Kiev cameras) modifies them and hand assembles what the Kiev 60 should have been. For more information on the company and the camera, see: www.araxphoto.com PRICE REDUCED - Asking $400 for everything. Contact Bob at [email protected]
5) Bogen 3021 tripod with a 3D head anyone interested? Price it at $110. Contact Jim Stoner 936-273-4388
Sigma 20-40 2.8 wide angle Lens, Nikon compatible for $250, with Lens hood and lens case also excellent condition. Inquiries Bobby Green at (832)651-0091 or email address [email protected]
7) EPSON 1280 printer $200.00. The 1280 prints up to 13x19 paper which you probably already know comes with an extra ink cartridge for it. Contact Jim Kelly
8) CANON EOS 1N RS - professional 35mm film camera. This is the rare one built with a pellicle mirror which means that there is no blackout during exposure since light travels through the mirror to the film and the mirror does not need to flip up during the exposure. This allows the camera to have an incredibly fast shooting rate of 10 frames per second when set on continuous high, great for sports and action shots. This camera is no lightweight since the body and motor drive are built as one unit. Camera body is in great shape but is missing the rubber eyecup. This camera sold new for $2700.00. It has been a great camera but I don't use it now that I have my digital bodies. Best offer gets it but I would like to get $250. Contact Jim Stoner 936-273-4388
9) CANON EOS 1D-Mark 2, professional Digital SLR. This camera is a great one for sports shooting, portraits, weddings, nature etc. and is in excellent shape. It's 1.3 crop factor will allow wider angle shooting with your lenses than most DSLR's. A fast shooting speed of 8.5 fps made it the fastest DSLR for the past 3 years. With 8 megapixels I have made 30x40" prints with no problem. JUST REDUCED will sell for $2000. Contact Jim Stoner at 936-273-4388.
1) Beseler 23C II with a dichro head and 2 very good lenses. It comes with an enlarging timer, 3 carriers, 3 sizes of easels, 1 set of 16x20 trays, 1 set of 11x14 trays, a Gra-Lab timer, grain enlarger, proofer, 6 graduated cylinders, chemistry bottles, film developing tanks, reels, sheet film tank, print drying rack, many frames, hot lights, muslin backgrounds, oil enhancing kit, and all kinds of other items. It's all in very good shape. I'd like to get $250 for it all but would consider donating it to a good home for a beginner/student.
Please call or email John Edmonson 281-537-9024,
STUDIO FOR RENT Clark Lara has a full studio with Norman Lights, High
Key white wall, as well as 3 different muslins. No props you would
have to supply your own. SPECIAL PRICE $50 an hour. The high key
is great for everything from product shots to high fashion.
The Woodlands United
Methodist Church Camera Club TWUMC for all skill levels gathers
the first Monday of every month, except holidays from 7 PM to 8:30
PM at 2200 Lake Woodlands Dr. More
The 1960 Digital Photography Special Interest Group meets the first Thursday every month at the Cypress Creek Christian Church on 6823 Cypresswood Drive, a diverse group of photographers seeking to improve photography skills with a motto of “members helping members” More info
The Kingwood Photo Club gathers photographers, who share a love for the capture, preservation and sharing of God's creations through
photography. Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of every month at the Kingwood United Methodist
Church, 6:30 pm. More information
HELP US SHOOT
We need club members who have digital cameras to volunteer to document
our field trips and special events. Our friends
Nolan Braud, Susan Long and Cesar Vargas have been providing digital images of our meeting presenters
and other activities but could use some help. If you are willing
to help, please e-mail to our newsletter editor.
YOUR GALLERY AWAITS YOU
Each member of our club gets a free online gallery of your favorite
images. For details on how to get yours set up, contact Nolan Braud ([email protected]) or read the procedures
WE WANT YOUR
Help us continue to have the most interesting and informative activities
by sharing your ideas for the best experiences you've had. E-mail
your ideas for each activity below to the club officer in charge
of that activity:
Presentations - Autumn Teesdale
Other Activities - Pam Moore
Web Site, Newsletter