Monday, September 10 -- 6:30 - 9 P.M.
SPEAKER: Ken Allen, Nature Photographer Kenya pictures
MINI CONTEST: FLOWERS Bring
any two photos for the mini-contest.
couple of your recent best images, if you want to share for the
slide show or email them to [email protected]
Saturday, September 1st -- Art Car Museum. More details on the way.
Friday, September 14 to Sunday, Sep. 16 -- BEAVER CREEK RANCH one of the finest game ranches in the country. We will be able to take pictures from blinds at two sunsets and two sunrises from exotic animals including: native whitetail deer, wild boar, Addax, Blackbuck Antelope, or Axis, Sika, or Fallow Deer, American Elk or Red Stag. Lodge and five meals included, limited room, please sign in ASAP. More info
Saturday, September 29, Fall 2007 Photo Exhibit and Competition Set up. Entries submission.
Sunday, September 2, from 2-6 PM -- Rice Village Photo Marathon --The Rice Village Photomarathon is scheduled to take place on September 2, 2007. We will begin the pre-event social at Mi Luna from 2:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. At 3:00 p.m., participants will head out with the photo topics in hand. Registration
SEMINARS, CONFERENCES & CONTESTS
PHOTOSHOP World 07 in Vegas from September 6-8 take a look
The annual Canon Photography in the Parks contest is now accepting submissions through September 29th for the 2007 contest. The grand prize includes round-trip airfare and 5-day/4-night hotel accommodations for two plus entry fee to a national or state park in the Continental US, an EOS 5D with 24-105 L IS USM lens, and a PIXMA Pro9500 printer. The contest is open to non-professional photographers only, but most semi-pros would still qualify under Canon's definition. Read more at the contest website
Visit WPC resources to ask our Consulting Photographers
Basic Photography · Digital Photography · Matting & Framing · Nikon
Capture · PC Questions · Photoshop · Underwater
Photography · Website
The Woodlands United
Methodist Church Camera Club TWUMC for all skill levels gathers
the first Monday of every month, except holidays from 7 PM to 8:30
PM at 2200 Lake Woodlands Dr. More
The 1960 Digital Photography Special Interest Group meets the first Thursday every month at the Cypress Creek Christian Church on 6823 Cypresswood Drive, a diverse group of photographers seeking to improve photography skills with a motto of “members helping members” More info
2) Canon 10D body, for sale.....$500 obo. Includes all original adapters, strap, charger, 256MB CF card, software, manuals and tripod quick release plate by "Really Right Stuff". Great camera - just decided to buy latest model. Contact Colin Wilkinson
1) Nikon Lenses and Sony Alpha System for Sale Cesar Vargas is selling his well cared equipment. Sony Alpha Syst with 3 lenses. One of them is the 18-200mm. If you are interested in please contact him at 713 822 8453. You can see this equipment at http://www.phototimeblog.blogspot.com/
3) EPSON 1280 printer $200.00. The 1280 prints up to 13x19 paper which you probably already know comes with an extra ink cartridge for it. Contact Jim Kelly
4) Minolta Equipment for sale, Judy Trevino is liquidating all of her Minolta camera gear if anyone is interested in purchasing it. Very well cared of. Package A includes Maxxum 9000, strap, manual, two pack batteries, motor drive MD90, Program back super 90, Maxxum flash 4000AF, Maxxum flash 2800x2, Sakar 730 AF flash, cable OC, off camera shoe ex2, flash shoe adapter FS 1100, all these as a unit for $650.
Minolta Maxxum 9xi body -- $250
Minolta Maxxum 7xi body -- $250
Minolta Maxxum 9 body -- $550
A wide variety of lenses, filters, extenders, etc. in excellent price. Please contact Judy Trevino for more details at 281-363-2779
5) CANON EOS 1N RS - professional 35mm film camera. This is the rare one built with a pellicle mirror which means that there is no blackout during exposure since light travels through the mirror to the film and the mirror does not need to flip up during the exposure. This allows the camera to have an incredibly fast shooting rate of 10 frames per second when set on continuous high, great for sports and action shots. This camera is no lightweight since the body and motor drive are built as one unit. Camera body is in great shape but is missing the rubber eyecup. This camera sold new for $2700.00. It has been a great camera but I don't use it now that I have my digital bodies. Best offer gets it but I would like to get $500. Contact Jim Stoner 936-273-4388
format 4X5 Sinar camera. Sinar camera body with complete system....excellent
condition, great price. $1500
Contact Robert Mathias If interested, will e-mail pictures of each component.
*One 210 mm Schneider lens in lens board
*One focusing magnifying hood
*One wide angle bellow bag
*One focusing loupe
*One Polaroid film back
*One 4x5 camera bag
*One filter holder or
EOS Digital Rebel 6.3 Megapixel, $1,200.
This camera was bought because of a job I was taking with a newspaper.
I ended up not getting it, so it has been waiting for someone to
use it. It works great and comes with TWO lenses: The 18mm-35mm
and Canon Zoom lens EF, 75-300mm, f4-5.6 with image stabilizer.
This is a great camera. Contact Gabriel
García for details.
STUDIO FOR RENT Clark Lara has a full studio with Norman Lights, High
Key white wall, as well as 3 different muslins. No props you would
have to supply your own. SPECIAL PRICE $50 an hour. The high key
is great for everything from product shots to high fashion.
PHOTO WORKSHOP Ecuador, Ireland, Costa Rica, North Carolina or Big Bend Photo Workshop Adventure with Kathy Adams
Clark. She is a professional nature photographer. www.kathyadamsclark.com More info at Strabo Tours 607-756-8676
LOCAL EXHIBITS: Seeing the work of other
artists and photographers can give new insights and ideas for our
own work. Check out the following local exhibits:
August - For Several
Months -"Window Shopping on Main Street, 1920-1930,"
uses historic photography from the Story Sloane Collection to give
visitors a glimpse of downtown's heyday as a shopping destination. http://www.ghpa.org/windows2.html
Through August 2nd -- The Arts Alliance Center at Clear Lake (TAACCL) is hosting their Open Doors Series: Summer ’07 and open juried exhibition. Twice a year The Arts Alliance Center opens its doors, encouraging emerging talent in the area by offering open juried art competitions. Work submitted by area artists, in all media and of any subject matter, is juried and cash awards are given to reward superior work. These submissions are also used to identify artists for future invitational shows. Call for Entries/Receive Works: Saturday, June 2, 10am-2pm 2000 NASA Parkway,
Nassau Bay, TX 77058, ph
From July 20 - August 19 -- HCP Photo Exhibit Rocky´s Neighborhood at Night.
Images by Colin Zelt, 2007 Carol Crow Memorial Fellowship Recipient and, Images by Amelia D´Entrone, 2007 HCP Fellowship Recipient More info 713 529 4755 www.hcponline.org
September 27 through October 18, TAACCL Photo Exhibit, they will host the Annual Juried Photography Exhibition in conjunction with the Bay Area Photo Club. TAACCL is proud to celebrate 10th Annual Exhibition of Juried Photography.
HELP US SHOOT
We need club members who have digital cameras to volunteer to document
our field trips and special events. Our friends
Nolan Braud, Susan Long and Cesar Vargas have been providing digital images of our meeting presenters
and other activities but could use some help. If you are willing
to help, please e-mail to our newsletter editor.
YOUR GALLERY AWAITS YOU
Each member of our club gets a free online gallery of your favorite
images. For details on how to get yours set up, contact Nolan Braud ([email protected]) or read the procedures
WE WANT YOUR
Help us continue to have the most interesting and informative activities
by sharing your ideas for the best experiences you've had. E-mail
your ideas for each activity below to the club officer in charge
of that activity:
Presentations - Dianna Montoya
Other Activities - Jim Kelly
Web Site, Newsletter