2016 Woodlands Photography Club Board Members
President – Ellen Taylor
Vice President – Open
Treasurer – Amy Butler
Secretary/Historian – Glenn Siegert
Workshops Coordinator- Open
Newsletter Coordinator- Charlotte Miller
Mini-Contest & Slide Show Organizer – Mac Rodgers
Webmaster – Jaruska Mayorga
Publicity / Promotion – Open
Fall Contest Coordinator: Open
Board Position Responsibilities.
- President: the President will preside over all meetings of the club including board meetings and monthly membership meetings. Will schedule all meetings of the board. Will arrange for speakers and guests presenters at membership meetings. When necessary, the president will only vote on matters when a tie breaker is needed. The President will be a signature on the Club checking account.
- Vice President: In the absence of the President, the Vice Presidents will perform all duties of the President. Will schedule and reserve meeting rooms for all membership and board meetings.
- Treasurer: Will keep record of all club finances. Will be a signature on the club checking account. Will collect and keep records of all memberships. Keep track of attendance at meetings, record the winners of contests, and record the dates, coordinator and attendance for field trips and workshops….
- Secretary/Historian will document the board meetings, including time, location, attendance, and minutes of meetings. All actions decided at the board meetings should be included in detail in the minutes of board meetings. All minutes should be emailed to each board member within a week of each meeting for approval and final minutes published within the second week after the board meeting is held. All minutes should be archived and published to the website. A “notebook” or handbook should be maintained by the Secretary. This Notebook may be in electronic form or hardcopy or both and contain all the basics for club activities and operations. Details for the MadMimi account, the website operations, the SmugMug account, and financial accounting should all be included in this notebook. This Notebook should be accessible by the President, Vice President and Secretary and should be turned over to new board members when a new board takes over operations.
- Mini-contest/Slideshow Coordinator: This coordinator is responsible for the collection of all photos for monthly mini-contests and monthly slideshows. This coordinator will also organize the photos for each category and make them presentable for members at monthly meetings.
- Field Trip Coordinator. This Coordinator will be responsible for the overseeing of organizing field trips of the club. This will include informing the membership of trip details, collecting fees (for field trips) if necessary, providing driving instructions, and any pertinent information the members may need to know. They will also keep record of field trip destination, date, time, fees if applicable, and attendance. The field trip coordinator will turn this info over to the secretary for permanent records.
- Newsletter Coordinator: This Coordinator will be responsible for developing a monthly newsletter and mailing out to the news to all members monthly or when special news arises. The coordinator will be in contact with all board members to collect all news worthy for the monthly mail out.
- Workshop Coordinator: This coordinator will arrange for all workshops of the club. They will arrange for the instruction, the place, and the time and will collect al fees needed to run the workshop. They will also keep record of Workshops location, date, time, fees if applicable, and attendance. The Workshop coordinator will turn this info over to the secretary for the permanent records.
- Webmaster. The webmaster will work on and maintain all information on the website. The webmaster will be responsible to keep the website up to date and current.
- Fall Contest Coordinator: This coordinator will be responsible for all items of the fall contest. They will arrange for the meeting room, they will provide information regarding Fall Contest to club members, will make sure all supplies are on hand, will provide judges for the contest and will make certificates for winners.
- Hospitality Coordinator: Will coordinate snacks for monthly meetings and for the Fall Contest. This should be done by asking members to sign-up to bring snacks.